A SmartScoot Mobility Scooter Test Drive
SmartScoot™ mobility scooter is the best mobility solution for people that have trouble walking extended distances. When compared to other brands of mobility scooters SmartScoot stands out as the easiest to fold, transport and adjust to your needs. The adjustable speed settings (including a 7mph top speed) allow versatility on all terrain and the front wheel drive mechanism ensures stability when climbing hills.
First, I have to say that I was very impressed with how solid it is. I’ve become accustomed to the cheap quality of most goods from China, but this scooter looks and feels like it is very well made with very good quality materials. In addition to this boding well for its long-term use, it’s should hold up well if an airline won’t let you take it in the passenger cabin. (One user recommends labeling the part that should be picked up to prevent loaders from breaking something.) That said, it folds down and comes apart easily, increasing the likelihood that you will be able to put it in the cabin’s overhead bin or up front near the flight attendants.
Other things I liked about the scooter:
- The seat is fairly substantial and more comfortable than a smaller seat.
- The backrest is adjustable and comfortable. It removes easily for transport or if you don’t need it. The scooter is lighter if you don’t require the backrest.
- The controls are straightforward and easy to use. It responds very quickly as soon as you depress the throttle.
- The footrests are definitely more comfortable than pegs. In my case, that’s very important because I have ankle pain. The footrests give me good, stable support at an angle that allows the joint to be in neutral position. Taking the scooter on excursions where I’d be riding for longer periods of time will make this feature very important.
- I love going faster than 4 mph. While it does slower speeds for a cruise ship beautifully, I would use it at higher speeds whenever I could. It feels zippy when you drive it and it’s fun.
- It’s light enough that I can easily put it into my car myself. It breaks down into several pieces if you need it to, but if you only fold down the handlebars with the seat on, it will still fit in most vehicles and is not too heavy.
Sometimes a little help can go a long way. Once you are using the SmartScoot™ mobility scooter, tasks that were once a struggle can now become a stress-free part of everyday life.
Read more here about what to look for in a lightweight mobility scooter.
Shonya SmartScoot Mobility Scooter 06/06/2016